Who does not know the famous German side dishes? Per altra banda, there are potatoes, dumpling, spaetzle, pasta, and rice. On the other hands, there is the basic recipe for vegetables and salads to complete a meal.
We are so excited to share these two famous German side dishes with you!
1: German Red Cabbage
German crimson Cabbage or in German “Rotkohl” (some say additionally Blaukraut) is a high-quality side dish. It is going thoroughly with German pork Roulade and mashed potatoes that are a very traditional combination. You could discover German pink cabbage on each festive menu, in every exact eating place and inn that serve domestic made dishes. Red Cabbage is a part of a vacation lunch or dinner. It is also is the suitable wintry weather dish, and the cabbage tastes even higher whilst reheated tomorrow, without losing its precise taste. Attempt it out and if you surely don’t have too much time, you may purchase it within the jar, and simply warmness it up. Add a chunk of purple wine and it is ready. Satisfied Cooking!
Ingredients German Red Cabbage
- 1 kg red cabbage
- 1-2 tbsp clarified butter – if you like you also can use lard
- 1 onion
- 1 apple
- 1 tbsp sugar (or to taste or less)
- 3 tbsp purple wine vinegar and three tbsp crimson wine (sec)
- sal, pepper to flavor
- 1 bay goes away, 2 cloves (positioned in a cooking sachet)
- 250 ml warm water
Cooking Instructions German Red Cabbage
- Put off out of doors leaves, cut it in quarters and take away the stalk.
- Grate or reduce it in first-class stripes.
- Peel an onion and chop it quality.
- Peel apple, eliminate center and reduce in cubes.
- In a larger pot warmness clarified butter.
- Upload onions and apples, sauté for 1-2 min. adds crimson cabbage, carry it to a boil, and lessen the heat.
- Upload vinegar, pink wine, and spices.
- Refill with water, permit cook for as a minimum 1 hores. Crimson cabbage tastes for a few motives higher tomorrow. You may make it the night before and let it simmer for any other 15-20 mins day after today earlier than you serve it. Some say it even tastes higher while reheated two times – I agree it does – even three instances!
2: Potato Brussels sprouts puree
If you want potatoes and Brussels sprouts than the Potato Brussels Sprout Puree is an extraordinary dish for you.
It is a top-notch facet dish for fried meats such as pork, beef, fish or hen. a totally easy German dish. Try it out and let us recognize how you like it! Happy Cooking!
Ingredients Potato Brussels sprouts puree
- 800 g potatoes along with Russet
- 40 g almond slices
- 40 g dried tomatoes (in oil)
- 700 g Brussels sprouts
- 150 ml de llet
- 40 g butter
- 60 g Parmesan cheese, grated
- Sparkling pepper, salt to flavor
Cooking Instruction Potato Brussels sprouts Puree
- Peel potatoes.
- Boil them for 25-30 minutes until gentle in water with a 1/2 tsp salt.
- Roast the almond slices in a pan without any butter or oil.
- Chop the dried tomatoes coarsely.
- Easy and put together Brussels sprouts; boil them in salt water for 8-10 minuts.
- Do away with hot water, vicinity them for two seconds in cold water, let cool off, then chop them coarsely.
- Add milk, butter and chopped dried tomatoes in a pan; carry it to a boil.
- Puree potatoes and add to the milk; stir until clean.
- Upload Brussels sprouts and re-warmness it, blend in Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Sprinkle almonds on a pinnacle and serve it warm.